If you have them, cash them in now, if you are thinking of giving them for Christmas, make sure the store will be open AFTER you give THEM your cash!
Interesting that stores like Sharper Image & Talbots will close ALL stores. So please make sure when you spend your “hard earned” you spend it in a place where your family can redeem it!!
My niece sent this to me!
It seems there are lots of stores that are closing due to the “recession” and the fact that people are not shopping. If you have any “gift cards” from these stores, make sure you use them, or you will lose them !
Watch those store money cards and gift cards.. and credit slips! Stores that informed the Security Exchange of closing plans between October 2008 and January 2009.
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
- Circuit City stores… most recent (? how many)
- Ann Taylor- 117 stores nationwide are to be shuttered
- Lane Bryant,, Fashion Bug, and Catherine’s to close – 150 store nationwide
- Eddie Bauer to close stores 27 stores and more after January
- Cache will close all stores
- Talbots closing down all stores
- J. Jill closing all stores
- GAP closing 85 stores
- Footlocker closing 140 stores more to close after January
- Wickes Furniture closing down
- Levitz closing down remaining stores
- Bombay closing remaining stores
- Zales closing down 82 stores and 105 after January.
- Whitehall closing all stores
- Piercing Pagoda closing all stores
- Disney closing 98 stores and will close more after January.
- Home Depot closing 15 stores 1 in NJ (New Brunswick)
- Macys to close 9 stores after January
- Linens and Things closing all stores
- Movie Galley Closing all stores
- Pacific Sunware closing stores
- Pep Boys Closing 33 stores Sprint/ Nextel closing 133 stores
- JC Penney closing a number of stores after January
- Ethan Allen closing down 12 stores.
- Wilson Leather closing down all stores
- Sharper Image closing down all stores
- K B Toys closing 356 stores
- Loews to close down some stores
- Dillard‘s to close some stores.
PS. Interestingly enough I received an email from the PR Department at Home Depot and I asked if I could post their reply and here it is!
“Hi Kelly –
I work for The Home Depot and I saw the post about store closure rumors. This is old information (at least the part about Home Depot is). We announced the closing of 15 stores back in May, these stores have been closed for at about 6 months now and their communities are well aware and have planned accordingly. Please clarify for your readers – Thanks!”
Boy am I feeling pretty cool that the folks from Home Depot are using social media to stay in touch! Says something good about them, don’t you think?